• DoP for Amazon Prime’s web show Chacha Vidhayak Hain Humare, created by Zakir Khan
• DoP – Feature Film Kuchh Bheege Alfaaz, for Director Onir. Produced by Yoodlee Film, SAREGAMA
• DoP – Anita Dongre’s Bridal Collection, Fashion Commercial, Directed by Onir
• Additional Cinematography on Hansal Mehta’s award winning feature “Shahid”
• DoP Shlok Sharma’s award winning Short film “Sujata”
Also many TVCs and documentaries, including Krishnendu Bose’s
award winning documentary “Delhi Work In Progress. ”
Nusrat has written articles for the Indian Express and The Pioneer, newspapers. She started working on This Land We Call Home, as a Fellow with the South Asia Speaks Mentorship Program, 2021, initiated by the wonderful author and journalist Sonia Faleiro. She was mentored by the luminous Aanchal Malhotra.
Nusrat's proposal for the same manuscript was shortlisted for The Navayana Dalit History Fellowship, 2021. Nusrat is represented by Smita Khanna Bajaj at Jacaranda International Literacy Agency.
Nusrat F Jafri, is a Mumbai based female cinematographer, with twenty years of experience in filmmaking. Born and brought up in Lucknow, Nusrat, did her schooling from La Martiniere Girls College. She did her graduation from Delhi University and her Masters in Mass Communication from MCRC, Jamia Millia Islamia.
Her latest short film, “Pilibhit,” starring Raj Arjun and Joyshree Arora, won her an IPTDA Award for the Best Cinematographer 2022, and a Critics Choice Award, nomination for the same film.
She lives in Mumbai with her husband, son and a cat named Jamia.